Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CMW Day One: Part Four: The End Of The Day Ramblings

The day ended quite well.... Grant, Max, Barry and I went out to eat.... it turned out to be tons of fun! Max is really cool! Barry is very determined to fix up my Macbook to meet his standards. He wanted to give me CS3 but I don't have enough free space so he went off on this kick about how I need a new hard drive and how he was gonna do it up for me! Oh Barry! Anyway it was super fun hanging out with Grant, he took me around to various locations to show me some cool architecture. Union Station has some amazing architecture. I'd love to do a shoot in there. So at the restaurant we had the craziest waiter, he was really nice though. I loved the fact that when Grant was sarcastic to him, as he tends to be with waiters, he just came back with the wittiest responses... It was awesome! 10 Bonus points to that waiter! We ate that the spaghetti factory and I swear the place looked like Mary Poppin's carpet bag blew up.. it was super creepy... there was even old carousel horses..... CREEPY!!
OH OH!! So when we were eating Grant was like oh we should have set it up so you could have met Andrew MacNaughtan... bastard!! I wanna meet Andrew.. He's so amazing! Anyway Grant said to bug Barry about it because he knows him.... you're damn right I'm buggin him about it.. how often am I ever going to come to Toronto plus it's effin Andrew MacNaughtan... he's one of the reasons I started concentrating on music photography! I'm such a loser... come on I have to freak out about at least one person and every music event, it wouldn't be right if I didn't! I just get excited because I think these people are very talented, not because of who they are, just so we're clear on that. I'm not some crazy screaming girl! Hookay so, now that I've no doubtitly rambled on about that long enough in my exhausted state...on a lighter note, I see that Andrew has changed his website..... well sort of, he pretty much just changed the background, but it's easier to look at then the other one he had up. Andrew is so awesome!
Right now I'm sitting alone in my hotel room by myself of course, it's not a bad room, it's actually quite nice, but it is kind of boring. Honestly I'm kind of lonely though, I have no one to rant on and on about stuff with. No one to go on about the days events with, no one to laugh with and come up with funny one liners with.... honestly without someone to feed off of I can't come up with any funny lines for the ending of my blogs..... Damn it!!
I should be off to bed now I guess it's 11:00 pm, an early day for most music events, but I have to get up at 6:30 am so I can meet up with Max and Grant at the Royal York tomorrow by 8:00am.... OUCH! What really gets me is how event weeks or weekends like these always start so early when you know that they don't end till late, or should I say early in the morning to be more exact, because everyone's out partying it up...... man the people who organize these events are stupid.. or they delight in torturing others and in turn themselves... I'm going with number two on this one. Or maybe when their planning it all out they're like " oh well this year will be different I won't drink, and partying all night, so it'll be ok to start things early", but alas it never works out that way does it.... good thing I don't drink.... Eryn and I wouldn't make it one day if we drank and partied at the ECMAs, no effin way in hell!

Chimo

~Miss H

....... has anyone ever told you you look like the bad guy off of the Usual Suspects....

1 comment:

Deviant-Artiste said...

Hey, so I just finished reading all of your CMW posts and I wish that I was there so at least we could go out after all the boring stuff and get some shooting done. I'd love to go back to Union station. It's so beautiful there. It really sounds like you're bored there - I hope that you at least get to meet Andrew. (and p.s. you do sound a little bit like a screaming girl...just a little....) But hey, we all need to have that one person that we go a little nuts for. ;) Well it's really early in the morning for me so I'm going back to bed. When you get bored just think about how much fun we're going to have in Edmonton this summer shopping for my wedding!

Miss you!